What is Gatecrasher like these days?

tinkergirl

Hi

I've been off the clubbing scene for about 8 years and now just go to the occassional event here and there.

been thinking of getting a few friends together to go to gatecrasher one saturday. i've been there a few times, around the late 90's when it was at republic, and i was just wondering if anyone can tell me what its like now. we're all quite old now - mid 30's - would we be totally out of place? is it still a trance club or have things moved on? it would be a saturday that we would want to go - is it on every saturday night? i know there are the occasional event nights on - are they any good? so many questions!!

basically, we're just looking for a friendly, enthusiastic atmosphere. my friends will be coming up from london so i just want them to have a good time really.

i'm open to different ideas too so if anyone knows of another clubbing night in sheffield that might be better for us, let me know!

cheers

G

Hi

I've been off the clubbing scene for about 8 years and now just go to the occassional event here and there.

been thinking of getting a few friends together to go to gatecrasher one saturday. i've been there a few times, around the late 90's when it was at republic, and i was just wondering if anyone can tell me what its like now. we're all quite old now - mid 30's - would we be totally out of place? is it still a trance club or have things moved on? it would be a saturday that we would want to go - is it on every saturday night? i know there are the occasional event nights on - are they any good? so many questions!!

basically, we're just looking for a friendly, enthusiastic atmosphere. my friends will be coming up from london so i just want them to have a good time really.

i'm open to different ideas too so if anyone knows of another clubbing night in sheffield that might be better for us, let me know!

cheers

G

Headkandi 2nd saturday of every month is good,

gatecrasher nights once a month aqre good, yeah, same old music trance

plug (love to be) is good at the end of the months

Hussle at bar matrix is also a good night

Headkandi 2nd saturday of every month is good,

gatecrasher nights once a month aqre good, yeah, same old music trance

plug (love to be) is good at the end of the months

Hussle at bar matrix is also a good night

If your looking for it to be anywhere near like it was last time you went, you'll be dissapointed, thats not an opinion, its fact.

Its basically a maintsream club that has Hed Kandi and Gatecrasher on once a month.

Depends what sort of stuff your looking for..

If your after some nostalgia - then Gatecrasher does have occional Crasher nights with all the old faves playing - think next one is 30th Sept.

If your looking for more of a full on night of 'aving it to trance and techno where you wont be out of place in your 30s - then Planet Zogg might be worth a look at the Plug - 22 sept this month - & its the sxith birthday with Beamish (who your London friends may be familair with if they ever used to go to the Fridge in Brixton) and LAB4.

Archived