Student DJ's Wanted!

urban

Ah, I tried but sadly the work filters decide what I can and can't view on MySpam. For some reason it likes some but not t'others. Must jus be the cut of his jib ;):hihi:

I note you're in the little room when Sander K's on at Plug, I'll pop me head in as I'm out for a mates 'retirement do' that night (he's got a heavily pregnant wife at home and this is his signing-off weekend afore it lands in November).

Yeah, cool. Come and say hello, boss.

Sorry Urban, I'll stop hijacking ya thread now mate! :thumbsup:

yes all old school is rubbish. come on you know what i mean - classics are good every now and then but wouldnt you much rather listen to new music?

No I'd rather listen to good music irrespective of how old it is, music isn't magically rendered bad just because it's been around for a while or is popular.

As for how you think you can seriously claim to be against 'clichéd' stuff when you also purveyors of worn out, derivative material like keane, Kings of Leon & the Killers on your myspace profile is beyond me. Also if you don't like old school then why have you got blackalicious on there?

yes all old school is rubbish. come on you know what i mean - classics are good every now and then but wouldnt you much rather listen to new music?

whats goin on at ur open decks night?

ALL of it???? What a sweeping statement that is! Well we'll agree to disagree there buddy coz I think hip-hop's lost it's focus with all this 'bling' malarky the 'youth' are into. I read it in the Mail on Sunday.

Bring It On does what it says on the tin, basically. Pop me a demo and we'll take it from there mate. We've only ever had one other person play hip-hop and oddly enough that was my housemate playing some rubbish Old School to take him back to his youth (or back in the day, as I believe they call it).

whats goin on at ur open decks night?

Are you for real, some of the better music, especially 2step and vocal garage was at it's peak at the end of the 90's early millenium. I can't speak for other genres such as House and RnB/Soul etc, but as for the other 2 mentioned, t was far better a few years back.

I take your point of that you like new stuff which is fine, but how can you define 'old skool' as rubbish. Please explain?!:confused:

Archived