Pubs in Sheffield which are the best

CrazyChris84

Best pub in Sheffield is my livingroom - best beers on tap, big screen, jukebox always plays my favourite songs, late license, takeaway delivers to the door, only the best company...and not too embarrassing if I pass out or fall asleep. Not too good for making new friends or pulling tho! :thumbsup:

The Sheaf View is great for its selection of beer, has a non smoking room and nice deck outside. The quiz on a Wednesday is always good fun. On the downside, the lighting is a bit bright and there's no music. I like the Lescar, especially for some of the stuff they have in the back room. Friday nights are top, and the pop quiz on the last Monday of the month is the best in the world) according to all the weekend supplements. The Union in Nether Edge is a nice boozer.

City Centre wise, the best pubs for atmosphere are Dulo and the Washington. For a quieter (decent) pint, the Red Deer and the Bath are pretty good.

A definitive and, if I may say so James, highly correct review of Sheffo's best drinking establishments.

Dulo is an excellent pub - very much a 'young person's' pub, without becoming a bar (for this reason, The Runaway Girl, as excellent a place as it is, misses out on a 'best pub' list by this crucial criterion, i.e. it isn't one). As brilliant as it is, however, it doesn't match up to The Lescar, which is actually the best pub in the known universe.

A definitive and, if I may say so James, highly correct review of Sheffo's best drinking establishments.

Dulo is an excellent pub - very much a 'young person's' pub, without becoming a bar (for this reason, The Runaway Girl, as excellent a place as it is, misses out on a 'best pub' list by this crucial criterion, i.e. it isn't one). As brilliant as it is, however, it doesn't match up to The Lescar, which is actually the best pub in the known universe.

Dulo isn't a pub either - it's a "pre-club bar", or something similarly pretentious.

Although it tended to be a bit scruffy, its previous incarnation as The Beer Engine was infinitely more characterful.

My favourites (in the city centre anyway), in no particular order:

Washington

Bath Hotel

Red Deer

Rutland Arms

Dog and Partridge (well, I am Irish)

Fagan's (well, I am Irish)

In the last 10-15 years, many of the 'pubs' in town have either been pulled down (eg, Yorkshire Grey, Hornblower), lost (Foresters Arms), changed to bar type places (Yorkshireman's Arms), or simply ruined (Mail Coach). I'm not saying that the ones I pointed out just there were fantastic (although I miss them all, the Foresters and the Hornblower in particular), but there really aren't many 'pub' pubs (if you know what I mean) left in the city centre.

Swin in is w@nk

Best pubs. in town , the frog and pazzer , but it has gone a bit odd know. so i'll have to go with the washington. best for a quite pint then its the red deer.

out of town , i think the best ones are the sheaf view and the new barrack tav. i like dulos. but also have a soft spot for the old crown inn, very friendly staff, let you eat chips in doors!

Archived