The Leadmill Late 80's

surfinjim

Hiya Surfinjim,

I'm pretty sure I know you - in fact, if you're who I think you are, we had a fling way back then?! I worked behind the bar too around that time.

Not worked out who mum23 is yet? Anymore clues?

Remember the Steamer on Wednesday nights- a fantastic night that was until it became quite dodge with stabbings and the like.

I remember Paul too but can anyone remember before then when Mick was Bar Manager?

I remember Percy, Winnie (worked in the cafe too), Russell, Wayne, Tracy, Mark - names ring any bells?

Hiya Surfinjim,

I'm pretty sure I know you - in fact, if you're who I think you are, we had a fling way back then?! I worked behind the bar too around that time.

Not worked out who mum23 is yet? Anymore clues?

Remember the Steamer on Wednesday nights- a fantastic night that was until it became quite dodge with stabbings and the like.

I remember Paul too but can anyone remember before then when Mick was Bar Manager?

I remember Percy, Winnie (worked in the cafe too), Russell, Wayne, Tracy, Mark - names ring any bells?

Hey Up alw1201.

Well I recognise all those last names you mentioned. Would Mark happen to be a relation of yours??????:hihi:

I think its safe to call it a fling really. I'd never have gotten a job at the Ledders if it wasn't for you.:thumbsup:

Not only do I remember Mick the bar manager, and that big photo of hom over the bar, but also his lesser known assistant, Alan!

To be honest, the first 2 years when I worked there for Mick/Alan, were the best by a long way. You could have adrink behind the bar at that time so long as you didn't abuse it.

Do you still keep in touch with any of them?

I think mum23 was after your time behind the bar. I think I know who she is though.

Keep in touch

Jim:thumbsup:

Trying to remember who else was there around the same time as me...

Bar managers while I was theer included Winnie and Mark, Tony ( red hair??Irish??), and also remember Paul.

Behind the bar, most nights, you would find Tom.....now, I might be making this up, but couldnt he talk backwards??, Julian, also from Grenoside, Mark and Rachel ( werent they nurses?) Diane.

Then there was a glass collector who I can picture signing "born to drink mild???" little fella with long hair, Adie?

Ged, Mia, MArk mclelland, Viv

So was I before your time alw1201??, or have I named you??

C'mon surfinjim, help me out.

Who was the fella around when Paul was, big old fella with a huge black quiff. Was always around door, but not a bouncer?

Jim - how could it have been a fling? you're gay!

enjoy your week off matey and think of me on nights this weekend with Mrs P

Yes Mr Coopster, you would know!:hihi:

If I was gay, which I'm not by the way, you certainly wouldn't be one I'd fancy:gag:

Trying to remember who else was there around the same time as me...

Bar managers while I was theer included Winnie and Mark, Tony ( red hair??Irish??), and also remember Paul.

Behind the bar, most nights, you would find Tom.....now, I might be making this up, but couldnt he talk backwards??, Julian, also from Grenoside, Mark and Rachel ( werent they nurses?) Diane.

Then there was a glass collector who I can picture signing "born to drink mild???" little fella with long hair, Adie?

Ged, Mia, MArk mclelland, Viv

So was I before your time alw1201??, or have I named you??

C'mon surfinjim, help me out.

Who was the fella around when Paul was, big old fella with a huge black quiff. Was always around door, but not a bouncer?

The little fella was Adie.

The guy with the black quiff, I'm guessing that was Colin and can you remeber Molly who worked on the door as well?

I remember all those people as well as Chris who went out with Rachel, and welsh lynne.

Mum23 you were well after alw. You still haven't enlightened us with a name?:huh:

Hi jim...alw's bro here.

Just spent half an hour writing all my memories, and it wouldn't let me post them without logging on...AGAIN. so I lost it all and can't be arsed to do it again. sorry:rant:

Hey up Mark!

Nice to hear from you. Getting posting those Leadmill stories.

I always remember the night of the CS gas canister going off. I made a b line for the little bar off the dance floor and got wrecked in there with Sean and Russ. I think we were getting evacuated about an hour after the cs had gone off and the punters where coming back in!

The little fella was Adie.

The guy with the black quiff, I'm guessing that was Colin and can you remeber Molly who worked on the door as well?

I remember all those people as well as Chris who went out with Rachel, and welsh lynne.

Mum23 you were well after alw. You still haven't enlightened us with a name?:huh:

The little fella was called AJ, and do you remember Diane's boyfriend who was also the oldest glass collector in Britain.......Scotty! So called because he was Scottish! Never knew his real name.

Also remember Serena who worked the cloak room and many many others.