Any interesting info about Norfolk Park and Arbourthorne

I'm working on a website about Norfolk Park and Arbourthorne, and I'm looking for any and all interesting information about them - historical, whimsical, new, old, any material any of you have.

Photos are good, and reminiscences of life on both estates. If you've got anything, PM me, put it here for other interested parties, whatever...but do let me know if you want the info to go onto the site with your name on.

If you want to see the site (bearing in mind that it's currently under construction), just pop into here and have a nosy around.

Thanks in advance, and enjoy!

Cosy:D

Hi... I remember playing in Norfork park and seeing the new homes going up...I think it was a flagship for Sheffield at the time but drugs and bad folk sent that the way of the wind. regarding the other place my mum and dad used to clean windows on it around the same time.

• 2 years later...

Did they used to have prefabs on the Arbourthorne , it rings a bell and I think it might be where my aunt lived pre 1960. I recall going to her prefab a rounded sort of house and it had a ledge around it which we used to climb along competing with each other not to fall off. Am I correct in that belief or not ?????

Did they used to have prefabs on the Arbourthorne , it rings a bell and I think it might be where my aunt lived pre 1960. I recall going to her prefab a rounded sort of house and it had a ledge around it which we used to climb along competing with each other not to fall off. Am I correct in that belief or not ?????

There were prefabs all around the Arbourthorne pub,on East Bank Road,Eastern Avenue etc

I don't know how far back you want to go, but Harrison's Survey of the lands of the Manor of Sheffield in 1637 mentions a piece of land within the deer park called Arbor Thorne Hurst, hurst being a piece of land near a copse. The same passage also refers to nearby Wy Broomwell (Wybournwell), and Hill Topp.(PM me if you'd like a transcript of the entries!)

Archived