Boys And Girls Sharing Toilets At School

MANDI

Kids being kids it could be problematical unless the cubicles are secure, say for example a cubicle was a little room with a toilet and wash basin and the dor then opened out onto the corridor rather than into a washroom. However I remember in Paris going to a public loo and it was unisex. Rather odd to be stood at the trough and have some girl walking behind me.

I have 2 boys who go to that school my eldest is 15yrs old and he leaves in 6months time. He came home last nite and told us all about it but i also have one at 12yrs old and i have said i think its so daft having to use cubicle with the same sex,s.

I think it is insensitive to say the least to do this when boys and girls are going through their most vulnerable and bewildering changes, both physically and emotionally. Whether you're talking curiosity or practical jokes or just trying to find some private dignity when your hormones are going haywire, or a place where you can have a private chat about boy trouble etc. This seems to ignore the very real insecurities of adolescence. Just remembering experiences at my own school, I don't like the sound of this at all.

that is just asking for trouble, i would rather take my kids out then have them sharing. i didnt like the kids sharing the same class room to get changed for p.e so i got parents to sign a form saying they objected to it, at first the responce i got was they had been doing it that was for years. but i quoted one of the letters "lets bring this school in to the futre" the kids nowadays are growing up faster, now then they ever did we got them to change it in the end.

jane

Archived