Boys And Girls Sharing Toilets At School

MANDI

What an awful idea! I can just imagine what hell would have broken loose at our school if that had been the case. The boys were bad enough trying to charge the girls changing rooms!

Life is difficult enough in senior school going through puberty, exam stress, peer pressure etc without not been able to go for a pee in peace!

I'm no educational psychologist, but in schools today there is a big problem with girls hanging around in toilets. Teenage girls go to the toilets to eat crisps and smoke. The boys aren't that bad, although some had a tendancy to block the toilets with toilet roll and cause floods. If there is a problem in the girls and a male teacher hears it walking past, he has to find a female teacher to sort it out, vice versa with the boys. A unisex toilets get rid of that problem! It makes it a less atrractive place for pupils to hang out in, hence they have to find somewhere else to eat their monster much and have a puff of lamber and butler. I agree with points on periods, senstive times etc, but look at it from both sides!

I'm no educational psychologist, but in schools today there is a big problem with girls hanging around in toilets. Teenage girls go to the toilets to eat crisps and smoke. The boys aren't that bad, although some had a tendancy to block the toilets with toilet roll and cause floods. If there is a problem in the girls and a male teacher hears it walking past, he has to find a female teacher to sort it out, vice versa with the boys. A unisex toilets get rid of that problem! It makes it a less atrractive place for pupils to hang out in, hence they have to find somewhere else to eat their monster much and have a puff of lamber and butler. I agree with points on periods, senstive times etc, but look at it from both sides!

My 11 yr told me this evening ,Im furious ,I dont want her having to share toilets with 16 yr old boys. She says she wont use them .Im ringing the school tomorrow.

personally i don't think i would have liked sharing toilets with boys when i was at school, as i mostly found them rather intimidating (no, not anymore). however, i'd like to know why the school has changed its' stance - if it's for health and safety reasons (don't know how it would be) or financial reasons, whatever. not that that makes it easier for any of the kids who don't like the idea.

to be honest, while this might be too much information for most, i think i'd have held a fart/poo in all day, regardless of how uncomfortable it would be, rather than walk past a bunch of lads, lock myself in a cubicle, and let rip. i wouldn't care now, but there'd have been no chance of me doing that when i was a depressive and repressed 15 year old.

Archived