Boys And Girls Sharing Toilets At School

MANDI

I don't really understand what the huge fuss is here.

If each cubicle is secure and private then how is it any different to a single unisex toilet that opened directly onto a corridor?

Now now Cyclone, that's not the reactionary, knee-jerk response this thread clearly needs ;)

I don't see the problem, but them I'm not a parent so what would I know ?

(before anyone asks how many children I have :) )

I don't see the problem either. In other European countries, for example Germany and Sweden, public sporting facilities provide mixed changing rooms etc. We worry about this far too much in the UK.

I don't see the problem either. In other European countries, for example Germany and Sweden, public sporting facilities provide mixed changing rooms etc. We worry about this far too much in the UK.

I suppose in a few years everyone will be homosexual anyway - so mixed toilets probably won't make a blind bit of difference!

I have just rung the school as my 12 year old daughter attends Chaucer and I have been invited to a tour at 5 past 3 today to view these toilets *what joy*, apparently there has been a lot of phone calls from parents that are not happy with this idea. So I'm going to tag along at 3.05 and if there's anyone else going on here, I'll see you there. :)

I don't really understand what the huge fuss is here.

If each cubicle is secure and private then how is it any different to a single unisex toilet that opened directly onto a corridor?

...also, swimming baths have unisex changing rooms these days without any fuss being made...and all ages use them

I think the point about male teachers not able to go into girls' loos is a good one.

I wonder if an opinion from the school will be forthcoming. What are their reasons for this "experiment"?

I suppose in a few years everyone will be homosexual anyway - so mixed toilets probably won't make a blind bit of difference!

Why? Flouride in the water? Peer pressure? These appalling people poisoning the minds of our youth*?

*statement made with tongue firmly in cheek ;)

I have just rung the school as my 12 year old daughter attends Chaucer and I have been invited to a tour at 5 past 3 today to view these toilets *what joy*, apparently there has been a lot of phone calls from parents that are not happy with this idea. So I'm going to tag along at 3.05 and if there's anyone else going on here, I'll see you there. :)

meet you in cubical 3 :D;):hihi:

Archived