Boys And Girls Sharing Toilets At School

MANDI

I have just rung the school as my 12 year old daughter attends Chaucer and I have been invited to a tour at 5 past 3 today to view these toilets *what joy*, apparently there has been a lot of phone calls from parents that are not happy with this idea. So I'm going to tag along at 3.05 and if there's anyone else going on here, I'll see you there. :)

Hi dibsy, I cant make 3.05 today, but if you could let me know what you thought about them, that would be great. MANDI.

I have just returned from the viewing and I must say I am really surprised.

A few of us turned up and we all felt the same ...that this is a very good idea.

The toilets are open plan which means they just lead off the corridor with no door and a very wide opening. A camera is situated opposite looking directly into the tiolets (not the cubicles). The door goes up to the ceiling but to see underneath we actually had to lay on the floor and wouldn't even be able to see the knees of the child in there BUT we have asked if it could be lowered and they are now looking into doing this. The toilets are very hygenic and no vandals would be able to lurk in there. As for any bullying in there....no way....they would be seen by the camera.

There are still seperate girls and boys toilets but aren't now being used by the students as much and TBH, I think the open plan ones are so much better. I have asked if a photo could be taken and they are going to get the technician to do this and it's going to be on their website for people to view for themselves.

Also if anyone else would like to go and take a look they have asked that you just ring the school and they would be very willing to show you round.

All in all I would ask that you do go and view as I was quite livid before I went but am now very happy that this school is certainly moving forward in how it looks.

Thanks for your views dibsy. It has put my mind at rest and explained a lot. (more than a child that obviously only wanted an excuse to try and get out of school once in a while. LOL.):hihi::thumbsup:

Anytime hun :)

which wall did you count from?? I bet we counted from different walls!! :mad:

The right hand side :rolleyes:

Archived