Boys And Girls Sharing Toilets At School

MANDI

• 5 years later...

So glad I've just found this post....may I ask what school your child goes too MANDI?

PM me if you could! My daughters school also have shared toilets in their new building for year 5's. I did have concerns but didn't think much of it tbh. Today my daughter has come home quite embarrased & upset as one boy in her year thought it would be funny to unlock & open the door from the outside...whilst there was a group of children outside the cubicle :( Really unhappy that she's been put in this position. She's extremely sensitive at the minute as she is growing up & she's noticing little changes with her body.

Wondering if there are any regulations on this? I've emailed school about it, but due to past history within the school, I don't think I'll get much in the way of any action been taken :/

Thankyou!

I don't really understand what the huge fuss is here.

If each cubicle is secure and private then how is it any different to a single unisex toilet that opened directly onto a corridor?

at my childs school they have mixed toilets.each cubicle is secure has its own sink ect they open directly onto a corridor.i too thought this was wrong ,but its now been 6 months and it is running smoothly ,dont knock it till you try it

Just been told that my daughters school now has cubicle toilets that are to be used by both sexes. What are your views on this?

don't agree at all with this. I understand when they have them in nurseries and the like, but not at school. It isn't appropriate.

No, not at all! School toilets are scarey places aas it is, you don't want lads in there as well!

I dont agree with it neither. If they are really young then they dont really understand everything but you have to set an example of privacy. Plus you'll always get one little Tommy who likes to go to far :D

Were talking about 11 to 16 year olds.

Do you have separate toilets for males and females in your house?

Archived