Cafe rouge Peace gardens

Tintsexpert

Went last night for a birthday meal, wouldn't go back if it was the only place selling food & drink in a 100 mile radious. As most places it wasn't very busy it being monday night, but there were loads of staff on so thought " should be ok then!" how wrong I was, ordered the food @ 6.55, & was told there would be a 20 mins wait, food came out at 8.05! & mine was cold, when I asked for the manager she wouldn't come to see untill I "insisted" we were seen by someone other than the waiter!

My meal was taken away, but the vegatables were left on the table to go cold!

the manager then tried to "bribe us in to staying with "a free sweet or a round of drinks", not much good when you're driving!!!!!

Ended up paying for 1 round of drinks, 1 pint of shandy 2 soft drinks & a glass of wine £11.00.

Be warned!!!!!!!!!!

I went there for breakfast when it first opened. Although it was nice, the portion was TINY. I wouldn't bother again.

We've experienced breakfast there too.

Truly awful! Never EVER again.

We asked for extra toast and yes we got toasted CRUSTS!

:gag:

Oh dear. Looks like they didn't get it together. The manager should be ensuring every customer is happy.

I went there for breakfast when it first opened. Although it was nice, the portion was TINY. I wouldn't bother again.

Went a few Sundays back for lunch and whilst I thought the food was fine, there just wasn't enough and to be honest I still felt hungry.

I presume they're paying an absolute fortune in rates hence 'children's' size portions! The net result is that you came away feeling a little bit cheated because Cafe Rouge isn't one of the cheapest places to eat, not for what you get anyway.

So as things stand, in what is a prime location, it's another opportunity missed.

Archived