Kilner Way/Halifax Road/Wadsley Bridge Megathread

MANDI

It`d be a shame if nothing happened on the site for ages and it ended up as just a ruin. It happened when they knocked the bowling alley down didn`t it. A company started building then just left it.

N0 - they took the roof off the bowling alley so they wouldn't have to pay council tax. I suspect the new buildings on Kilner way have been completed up to a point where if they build any more, they will be liable for council tax, so they will be left until they get a client.

N0 - they took the roof off the bowling alley so they wouldn't have to pay council tax. I suspect the new buildings on Kilner way have been completed up to a point where if they build any more, they will be liable for council tax, so they will be left until they get a client.
Oh right. I thought they knocked it down and then built a new metal structure.

There has been no obvious work on the site for the past 6 weeks to 2 months.

This is a shame as the main building work seems neary completed. The units are nearly water tight, so it would just be internal fitting to do.

It looks like there could be 4 quite big units or 8 smaller units.

Can't see anything happening now until next spring.

Hopefully things will get complete and the site won't be left to go to ruin.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived