Kilner Way/Halifax Road/Wadsley Bridge Megathread

MANDI

How on earth would the roads round Wadsley Bridge cope with the extra traffic an IKEA would bring - especially on Saturdays when Wednesday are at home. The area would be totally gridlocked.

Notice most IKEA's are placed out of town near motoway junctions.

Yep, that is correct. And the former industrial area located just off the Sheffield Parkway, where Ikea wanted to build in 2004, would've been perfect!

Yep, that is correct. And the former industrial area located just off the Sheffield Parkway, where Ikea wanted to build in 2004, would've been perfect!

Apart from the Parkway being at well nigh full capacity already with traffic and the junction on the Parkway for Parkway Avenue being totally inadequate to cope with a major retail outlet.

"Apart from the Parkway being at well nigh full capacity already with traffic and the junction on the Parkway for Parkway Avenue being totally inadequate to cope with a major retail outlet."

Jeez, there's always some negative detractors from progress isn't there - do you work for S.C.C? ;-) No wonder Sheffield has fallen way behind Leeds, Manchester, Nottingham etc, in it's development. The only thing they allowed was Meadowhall, the one thing that has killed off trade in the city centre.

Jeez, there's always some negative detractors from progress isn't there - do you work for S.C.C? ;-) No wonder Sheffield has fallen way behind Leeds, Manchester, Nottingham etc, in it's development. The only thing they allowed was Meadowhall, the one thing that has killed off trade in the city centre.

Leeds, Manchester and Nottingham all serve considerably bigger populations than Sheffield.

What I would lie to now is where all these new shops are advertising for employment I can't find any mention anywhere.:confused:

Iv been nagging the job centre for months an the Argos didn't give application forms out till last Monday an closing date was Friday I spoke to mat at the job centre this Monday just gone an they had just taken them up I still havnt heard anything so I'm wondering if I havnt been successfully :-(

Iv been nagging the job centre for months an the Argos didn't give application forms out till last Monday an closing date was Friday I spoke to mat at the job centre this Monday just gone an they had just taken them up I still havnt heard anything so I'm wondering if I havnt been successfully :-(

I applied for the jobs at Argos too, i havent heard anything yet either.

I wonder of the old Halfords store will be knocked down for additional car parking space.

Gone! Just one big pile of rubble now.

Not sure what the poster who complained about the staff there was on about. Although not very knowledgeable (who is these days?) they were always polite and helpful.

John X

Archived