Kilner Way/Halifax Road/Wadsley Bridge Megathread

MANDI

Work is still in progress on the access road to the rear of units on the former bowling alley side.

Cannot see that any retailer will open on site this side of Christmas or the fact that Sainsbury will be just down the road by this time next year will restrict who will want to open on Kilner Way.

• 2 months later...
They're building a massive structure on other side of Kilner Way. All the steel girders are in place, but now it seems to have stopped. Anyone know what this might be?

It's four more units identical to what's on the other side. Marks & Spencer's are supposedly interested in the one nearest Halifax Road, but work is suspended on them till they find more tenants to get some revenue back to complete the project. Which is not looking good as there's still empty units on the first side built.

Just thought I would bring this back up as it was lasted posted in September.

Has the new Matalan opened yet, if there is one of course....

As far as I'm aware there are no plans for a Matalan. It's just rumour I'm afraid. But who knows if people keep spreading these rumours Matalan might get wind of them realise people want one there.

• 2 weeks later...

From 2001 ... New Ikea stores to bring 1,450 jobs:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...bs-683634.html

From 2004 ... IKEA shelves plan for Sheffield store:

“…Sheffield One, the city centre regeneration agency, argued that an out-of-town business like IKEA would damage trading in Sheffield city centre. David Curtis, the council's head of development, said: "We had a number of major concerns with the application." http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/ikea_s...store_1_322773

Maybe 2012 …?

Archived