Kilner Way/Halifax Road/Wadsley Bridge Megathread

MANDI

You really want another concrete hellhole like Centretainment? I'd be quite happy to arrange to have the existing one moved 'cross town and replaced with a lovely green field, perhaps with a few trees, instead.

I don't find anything wrong with centretainment, and judging by the amount of people that use it, it cant be that bad.

As for the green fields and such, yes it would be nice, but then they would only be there for a few years before they decide to build a new housing estate on it, like they have done with most of the other open spaces, so it might as well be used for something useful in the long run.

I don't find anything wrong with centretainment, and judging by the amount of people that use it, it cant be that bad.

I'd be a liar if I said I hadn't been there myself but the older I get the more I get this kind of involuntary shudder when anyone suggests we go there. I guess I just don't see retail parks as places where fun is to be had. But then maybe that's just me.

As for the green fields and such, yes it would be nice, but then they would only be there for a few years before they decide to build a new housing estate on it, like they have done with most of the other open spaces, so it might as well be used for something useful in the long run.

I guess you're right, but I get so tired of looking at the latest greatest assemblage of concrete and crumbling brick :( I'd just like to see more trees and greenery :)

heres what you lot want to know...............8 units..............1...halfords,pulling old halfords down...................2....matalan........6 units up for lease.................old superbowl coming down to make way for car park..........steps leading upto kilner way.....................hope this helps.................inside info

heres what you lot want to know...............8 units..............1...halfords,pulling old halfords down...................2....matalan........6 units up for lease.................old superbowl coming down to make way for car park..........steps leading upto kilner way.....................hope this helps.................inside info

Is this 100%? and when is it going to happen?

Looks like they want to incorporate a Tesco Express in the new devolopment planned for the old car sales place near the Grenoside crossroads on Halifax Rd.

like i said before they will be everywhere soon. the world will become planet tesco. glad to here the new development will have a variety of new shops and not just one retailer.

Tesco want to dominate the world here is the proof

i really enjoyed that clip and altough it was very funny there was a warning to us all about the power tesco have. im sure i read somewhere they are one of if not the biggest landowners in the country. tesco will quite happily buy land just to stop any competitors from buying the land. back on topic i will look forward to the new matalan.

I guess I just don't see retail parks as places where fun is to be had. But then maybe that's just me.

But this place isn't exactly a retail park, you don't go there to shop, you go there to go to the cinema or a restaurant or bar or go bowling, are we thinking of the same place :)

Archived