The Ashes mega thread.

carcrash

I see it has been moved back to the sports section.

This was the first day of a five day match in a five match series. A long, long way to go. Should be remembered that England were 21/5 in their first innings of the 1st test in the last Ashes series (lost that 1st test, but we all remember that they won the series).

Well, I hate to say it, but for this Test, it's going to either be prayers for our batsmen to match the Convicts' efforts, or get out the teepees and totem poles and start dancing and chanting .........

Let's try and start again at 0-0 in Adelaide ........ hopefully .........

Brisbane weather forecast - not too promising at the moment, from that point of view ...

Yeah - i think we can kiss goodbye to the weather helping us out. And to be perfectly honest i think we will struggle to get to our 2nd innings - i've a horrible feeling the aussies will have wrapped this one up before then.

I managed an hour and a half of the first days play last night before i was forced to give in and go to bed. I think compulsory holidays should be introduced for any cricket fans during the ashes, but i suggested it at my work and they thought i was joking!!!! I've never been so serious in all my life you fools!!!:(

Brisbane weather forecast - not too promising at the moment, from that point of view ...

Oh ye of little faith :(

Back up plan is in place then ...... Strauss and Bell to bat for 3 days ....... we're doomed ......

By the way,I couldn't work out how to put up a fantasy thingy effort (not a techy), but I registered mine with cricinfo, and I came up with this for the 1st Test:

Strauss

Martyn

Langer

Clarke

Collingwood

Bell

Flintoff

Gilchrist

Warne

Harmison

Lee

I took the pessimistic route, and only took one out and out English bowler ........

This time, however, Harmison was short on control and confidence after starting things off with a wide which Langer could not have reached if he had been holding three bats glued end to end as Flintoff took it at second slip.

Four boundaries followed in his first two overs and Harmison found himself confined to fielding duties before he had even got properly warmed up.

........ but Freddie has got me two wickets. It's going to be a long slog ......

Archived