The Ashes mega thread.

carcrash

There is some hope, ponting out and gilchrist for a duck. 467 for 6

Not really ...... 299 to avoid the follow on, hang on ..... a terrible delivery and Harmy takes Warne ...... 7 down now, but this looks like an innings defeat, or a draw at the very best now.

Lee's aggression, McGrath's pace and relentless accuracy, and the great Warne on his favourite track ...... spells immense danger to a weakened, inexperienced batting attack ......

If I could buy a draw, I'd spend a fortune ........

We HAVE to try to be 0-0 for Adelaide. Being down 1-0 would be dreadful.

Lee on his legs at the crease from Harmy ....... but he still looks out of sorts ........

Just the bloody shipping forecast for me just now ...... let's just bore them to death and start again at 0-0 ...... it's what we should do, but Geoffrey is right ...... again ...... runs coming too easily allows for the earlier declaration .......

They'll go 10 overs into this session and then declare and let the weather do the bowling for them late in the day and get some quick wickets ....... it's what I'd do if I were Ponting .....

574 for 8 and a dropped catch. I'm now going to bang my head against something solid. Tailenders getting a 50 partnership

Let them bat and bat and bat ...... we can't win from here ....... let's hope Ponting feels vengeful and wants to carry on for ages ...... practise line and length lads .......

Archived