The Ashes mega thread.

carcrash

Oh well, thats the end of that. 370 in the 4th innings is not a bad score.

Strauss needs a slap for chucking his wickets away. You cannot hook like that against these bowlers on these grounds.

Harmison needs a rocket up his jacksie.

Very true. Only a handful of times has a ide scored 400+ 4th innings, but the Convicts weren't even in second gear ....... you watch it bloody rain now ......

The REAL problem is how to prepare for Adelaide. I really think this is Hoggy's wicket, and maybe if Harmy can get his head back, we'll have a chance.

My main worry is that the 2nd Test will come so quickly ......

They may draft Monty and Reid in for the next test, in theory they are better with the bat (theory). Harmison needs confidence. Strauss needs to get in the nets and deal technically with the hook shot pronto or just not hook period. We are lacking experience in the top order and Freddy looks like he carries the captaincy like a lead weight on his back (Botham revisited)

Positives...Pieterson and Collingwood played well and it was good to see Warne dispatched to all parts of the ground. This is still a relatively young England test side but we need some progress on that learning curve! We were hammered in the first test at Lords when we won the Ashes....lets hope history will repeat itself

Well done Australia

A big bag of w**k!!!!!!! I've watched every ball because I work for a large bookmakers in Sheffield and we've been taking bets on it all. Monty should have been in from the start and has got to play in Adelaide. Drop Harmison and Giles, these two are desperately lacking in match practice. If you're going to bring a replacement in for Trescothick, then play the bugger!!! Anyhow, I've got 4 days off now till the start of the next test and let's hope they develop an attacking attitude before then....The Aussies are a bunch of old men for christs sake!!!!!!

Don't hold out much hope for England to win any of these tests. If they get a draw or two, then that'll be some progress. I'll be amazed if they don't lose thea ashes

Still can't fathom out why Australia batted third, though. It was literally a waste of time as they won by more than they scored in their second innings.

Apart from that bizarre decision, I thought their captaincy was superb throughout and I'm afraid that listening to Flintoff in post match interviews, I was not inspired.

Sounded more like a soccer player (no offence!). Is he really captain material?

Don't hold out much hope for England to win any of these tests. If they get a draw or two, then that'll be some progress. I'll be amazed if they don't lose thea ashes

Still can't fathom out why Australia batted third, though. It was literally a waste of time as they won by more than they scored in their second innings.

Apart from that bizarre decision, I thought their captaincy was superb throughout and I'm afraid that listening to Flintoff in post match interviews, I was not inspired.

Sounded more like a soccer player (no offence!). Is he really captain material?

Concur...I think Freddy needs to be one of the lads...free to do HIS THING

Archived