The Ashes mega thread.

carcrash

Nice to wake up this morning and find that England are only 3 down. Let's hope KP doesn't give his wicket away first thing in the morning like he did in Brisbane (and at Old Trafford against Pakistan). Surely Collingwood will get his maiden ashes ton. I'll be DJing at the Plug tonight - hopefully can get DAB reception in there to keep up with the score.

Well the first day is over and we haven't been beaten out of sight yet.

Australia's bowling is as weak as I have ever seen it at the moment. It was poor in the first match too, but they had so many runs on the board England just self-destructed.

The trouble is bowling them out twice though - we frequently struggled in the last Ashes series to get through them and now Harmison is way out of form and Jones isn't there....and we still have a poor wicket keeper.

I have no problem with England scoring slowly. Better to grind out a big score than score 250 all out quickly and spectacularly. This is test cricket, not 20/20.

Whats the average number of runs in a day for test matches these days. Bet its over 300.??

And now the cricket forecast at (nearly) midnight GMT.

The General Synopsis. Low, Australian Dressing Room, slow moving, 176 all out, expected by tea tomorrow. High (well Beefy is there ;) ), England Dressing Room, 570/7 declared, by close of play today.

The forecast for cricket areas issued by the MCC at 23.00GMT.

There is a forecast of gales in Adelaide (from Lee and McGrath).

Third Man, Fine Leg, Deep Backward Square Leg. Bottom edges and thin snicks, 4, hoped for soon. Poor cover. Good!

Hook, Pull, Square Leg, Mid-on, Midwicket. Driving, 4, increasing 6 for a time in Hook and Pull. Fair (in my eyes), becoming good.

Long-on, Long-off, Covers (including Extra Cover), consistently driving 4, decreasing 2 when cyclones (Warne), increasing 6, backing to Square 4. Consistently good.

Square, Point, Cover Point, Backward Point. consistently 4, increasing in intensiveness later in the innings in Backward Point. Good.

And now for the infield forecast, issued by the MCC at 23.00GMT

Short Leg, Silly Mid On, Leg Slip, and including Silly Point, Silly Mid Off, and Forward Gully, Calm, 1, increasing in other areas.

Slips, Gully, and Keeper. 4, or 6. Mind your heads.

Have you been working on that all day, very funny.

AND NOW THE SHIPPING FORECAST ISSUED BY THE MET OFFICE, ON BEHALF OF THE MARITIME AND COASTGUARD AGENCY, AT 1725 ON FRIDAY 01 DECEMBER 2006

THERE ARE WARNINGS OF GALES IN VIKING NORTH UTSIRE SOUTH UTSIRE FORTIES CROMARTY FORTH HUMBER THAMES DOVER WIGHT FITZROY SOLE LUNDY FASTNET IRISH SEA SHANNON ROCKALL MALIN HEBRIDES BAILEY FAIR ISLE FAEROES AND SOUTHEAST ICELAND

THE GENERAL SYNOPSIS AT MIDDAY LOW ICELAND 963 MOVING SLOWLY NORTH AND FILLING 970 BY MIDDAY TOMORROW. LOW SOUTH ROCKALL 988, MOVING RATHER QUICKLY NORTHEAST, EXPECTED SOUTHERN NORWEGIAN SEA 979 BY SAME TIME. DEEPENING LOW MOVING VERY RAPIDLY EAST, EXPECTED 350 MILES WEST OF ROCKALL 965 BY THAT TIME

THE AREA FORECASTS FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS

VIKING NORTH UTSIRE SOUTH UTSIRE FORTIES CROMARTY FORTH MAINLY SOUTHERLY 6 TO GALE 8, PERHAPS SEVERE GALE 9 LATER IN VIKING. VERY ROUGH OR HIGH. RAIN OR SHOWERS. MODERATE OR GOOD

TYNE DOGGER FISHER GERMAN BIGHT SOUTH OR SOUTHWEST 5 OR 6, OCCASIONALLY 7. MODERATE OR ROUGH. RAIN AT TIMES. MODERATE OR GOOD

HUMBER THAMES DOVER WIGHT SOUTH VEERING SOUTHWEST 5 TO 7, OCCASIONALLY GALE 8. MODERATE OR ROUGH. OCCASIONAL RAIN. MAINLY MODERATE

PORTLAND PLYMOUTH WEST OR SOUTHWEST 5 OR 6, OCCASIONALLY 7. ROUGH OR VERY ROUGH. SHOWERS. MAINLY GOOD

BISCAY SOUTHERLY VEERING WESTERLY 5 OR 6, OCCASIONALLY 7 IN NORTH LATER. ROUGH. RAIN OR DRIZZLE. MODERATE OR GOOD

FITZROY WEST OR SOUTHWEST 6 TO GALE 8, OCCASIONALLY SEVERE GALE 9 LATER IN NORTH. VERY ROUGH, INCREASING HIGH IN NORTH. RAIN OR SHOWERS. MODERATE OR GOOD

SOLE SOUTHWEST BACKING SOUTH 6 TO GALE 8, INCREASING SEVERE GALE 9 OR STORM 10 IN WEST LATER. HIGH INCREASING VERY HIGH. SHOWERS. GOOD BECOMING MODERATE OR POOR

LUNDY FASTNET IRISH SEA SOUTH OR SOUTHWEST 6 TO GALE 8, OCCASIONALLY SEVERE GALE 9 IN FASTNET LATER. ROUGH OR VERY ROUGH, INCREASING HIGH IN FASTNET. SHOWERS. MAINLY GOOD

SHANNON ROCKALL SOUTHWEST 6 TO GALE 8, BACKING SOUTHEASTERLY SEVERE GALE 9 OR STORM 10 LATER. HIGH OR VERY HIGH. RAIN THEN SQUALLY SHOWERS. MODERATE OR GOOD

MALIN SOUTHWEST 6 TO GALE 8, OCCASIONALLY SEVERE GALE 9, BACKING SOUTHEAST LATER. HIGH OR VERY HIGH. SQUALLY SHOWERS. MAINLY GOOD

HEBRIDES MAINL SOUTHERLY GALE 8 TO STORM 10 DECREASING 5 TO 7. HIGH OR VERY HIGH. RAIN THEN SQUALLY SHOWERS. MODERATE OR GOOD

BAILEY MAINLY SOUTHERLY 5 TO 7, OCCASIONALLY GALE 8. HIGH DECREASING VERY ROUGH. RAIN OR SHOWERS. MODERATE OR GOOD

FAIR ISLE MAINLY SOUTHERLY GALE 8 TO STORM 10 DECREASING 5 TO 7. VERY HIGH DECREASING VERY ROUGH. RAIN OR SHOWERS. MODERATE OR GOOD

FAEROES SOUTHERLY 6 TO GALE 8 DECREASING 5. HIGH DECREASING VERY ROUGH. RAIN OR SHOWERS. MODERATE OR GOOD

SOUTHEAST ICELAND SOUTHERLY 7 TO SEVERE GALE 9 DECREASING 5 OR 6. VERY HIGH DECREASING VERY ROUGH. RAIN OR SHOWERS. MODERATE OR GOOD

This is the 6pm one that I'm trying to set to a beat but it is not working. I know a bloke on sheffield forum who rapped the shipping forecast at a gig on stage through a delay and phaser pedal just after I announced the tragic death of Phil Collins.

Have you been working on that all day, very funny.

This is the 6pm one that I'm trying to set to a beat but it is not working. I know a bloke on sheffield forum who rapped the shipping forecast at a gig on stage through a delay and phaser pedal just after I announced the tragic death of Phil Collins.

Half an hour actually, but I'm now just devastated by the non death of Phil Collins.

I felt pretty crap after the gig, a few people were upset that i had made a joke like that but many many more were upset to find out it wasn't true and I had to disapoint them.

You should still be in confession. Has that stream turned up for you yet?

Archived