The Ashes mega thread.

carcrash

been staying up watching it watched both days of 2nd test so far and to say I'm nackered is an understatement. :gag:

another very good day for the lads but the Aussies are just as capable of mounting a couple of decent partnerships so lets not get too carried away, but at least we are competing this test.

Jones is still a mistake, he's done nothing with that bat which is why he was chosen over Chris Read..

Drop him for the next test..

I would agree with that. I'm not a fan of Read but i think he's the best out of a bad bunch at the mo.

goood start

Very good start. I think the declaration could have waited till 600 but thats just me. Hopefully a good day in the feild and we might end the third day in good shape.

Morning carcrash, morning everybody ....

Very good start today, and a HUGE shame that Ponting was dropped (or that he missed the full toss - had he hit that he could have gone), but we have the upper hand, so to be honest, I'd be happy to let him carry his bat and take everyone else cheaply ...... enforcing the follow on would be wonderful .......

Very good start today, and a HUGE shame that Ponting was dropped

Unbelievable drop! I thought he was a gonner for sure - great to see Harmi actually troubling the batsmen finally!!! There's still a lot of cricket left to play but we're in a superb position!

And just as we predicted about 7 pages ago HH - Hoggard is proving his worth once again!! Top man! :)

Very good start. I think the declaration could have waited till 600 but thats just me.

All things being equal I'd agree with you, but given the time factor, it's always a good idea to make your opponent sweat out the last half hour and risk losing a wicket. (And of course, in this case it worked.) It gives your strike bowlers a few overs each, and they can come back next day and start as if fresh.

Archived