The Ashes mega thread.

carcrash

Anyway, it doesn't matter because KP will stay there all day, and if Freddie goes, we have an excellent back up to bat all day in Geraint Jones.

Monty and Harmison will be able to put on 150 in 5 overs if required at the end of the day, if needs be, and we'll win with a wicket to spare.

I will become Emperor of the Universe, Elvis REALLY IS in the local chip shop, Lord Lucan will umpire the 4th Test alongside Nero (from Dangermouse), Chelsea and Manchester United will give my beloved Blades all of their points and goals from this season, in a homage to St Warnock's tactical genius, and a Fruit-tella will be invented that actually tastes of fruit.

Hang on. Something wrong here.

Forget the last bit about the sweet.

Back to the world of dreams ........

Time for Freddy to make some runs...he has to get his feet moving. They should go for it, go down fighting and hit Warne round the park in the process.

If they play at all. The reason for the Oz declaration when there was more than two days left to knock off the runs, is that any play on Monday was in doubt due to rains being forecast.

UPDATED Perth Forecast

Issued at 5:45 am WDT on Monday 18 December 2006

Warning summary

Nil.

Forecast for Monday

A thundery shower or two, clearing during the afternoon. E/SE winds tending S/SW

late morning and freshening in the afternoon.

Precis: Thundery showers clearing.

City: Max 29

Mandurah: Max 28

UV Index: 10 [VERY HIGH]

Fire Danger: Coastal Plain: HIGH

Hills: HIGH

Time for another rain dance I think

Time for another rain dance I think

Totem pole - check

Teepees - check

Feathered hat thing - check

Cider - check