The Ashes mega thread.

carcrash

Do you know, as an Irish passport holder, this is the only sport where I follow England, and this hurts so much. We knew it would be tough, to say the least, but our preparation, our selection, and general standard has been abysmal.

We all knew Freddie shouldn't have been skipper (just like Botham), we've had a major injury (Vaughan), and of course Trescothick's problems didn't help (no blame to him of course). However, this has been nothing short of a shambles.

We didn't have a keeper for three Tests (PLEASE GOD GET RID OF HIM NOW), we showed no confidence in our main bowler from Brisbane onwards, Adelaide was like a Brian Rix farce, the best spinner we have didn't get a chance until Little 'Urn was pretty much lost ......

No preparation, and what we had was abominable.

Woe betide anyone who annoys me in the morning, because I shan't be held responsible for my actions.

Somebody on TMS was saying that jones had kept wicket well. I'm not sure they have been paying attention.

Oh there is always the world cup and our superb one day form

I heard that comment too and can't remember who it was as I was hysterical for a moment. I've now gone beyond anger and hit that serene moment ....... such as when you fall off a cliff, and you know nothing matters anymore ........

Archived