Childrens hairdresser/haircuts?

does anyone know anywhere that cuts childrens hair? also, how did you get your kids to sit still?

i have a 2 year old with a nice pony tail and i dont like it, but he will let me cut his hair, i have trimmed it when he is asleep so far - with wonky results lol

i dont know (prbably not) if he would sit still for his hair cut with someone else. and if i did get him to sit still myself i dont exactly have the know how so he will end up looking a right charlie!

any ideas?

Laura

I have a 3 yr old boy whos nearly 4 and when he was 1 and his auntie whos a hairdresser used to cut his hair but after the second time he wouldn't let her do it, he used to kick and scream and she refussed to cut it in the end for fear of hurting him. Soon his hair got so long me and my partner tryed to cut it in his sleep which did not work. i took him in to loads and loads of hairdressers all refused to cut his hair as he wouldn't sit still, giving him sweets or books even restraining him made him worse and i was at a loss!

Untill one day he moaned all morning to play on the playstation on nemo and i kept saying "only if you let me cut your hair " he kept replying no mommy and i didn't put the playstation on untill he agreed i could cut his hair while he played. since then we have the same routine and recently he even let me cut his hair while he played with his chalk board. Unfortunatly he still won't sit down in a hairdressers or to have his face painted but He sits there good as gold while i cut it. It gets the job done ,saves money and is less stress and i'm great at cutting it now too at first i used to cut it in a mushroom now he lets me use clippers on it so he has no.2 on sides an no. 3 on top spikey like sonic he says,

My friend shaves all her littles boys hair off because it easier.

I bribe my 1 yr old ( he has huge hair!) with one of those little boxes of raisins and I keep popping them in his mouth every time he fidgets.

He suffered for the 1st year of his life with a haircut from mummy and I will have to burn all the photos at Xmas when I excelled myself at uneven fringes or save up enough dosh for therapy.

Like zoboz says i shave my lads off not toally i give him a number 4 every where.

Its easier he wont sit and he cries through it,and his 4,thats why i just shave it all one length it would be a pain to cut it all diffrent lengths.

So i don' cut it that often cos its a night mare.

i can't offer advice cos we just do what we can at the time

• 3 years later...

Harrington's are pleased to offer

some very special half term treats

from 28th May - 6th June 2010

- Father and Son

If your son is under 12 and both of

you book in for a haircut over half

term, get your son's haircut free.

- Something for mum

Half price facials over half term.

Choose any facial from the