Indian Birthday meal advice needed!

topdog

Agree to disagree. Tacky restaurant, incredibly expensive, £11.95 for a prawn biryani, how is that reasonably priced. The waiters were more concerned about sending texts on their mobile phones than serving. Food not a patch on other Indian restaurants in Sheffield.

http://www.vijays.co.uk/full_menu.html

:loopy:

You could pick the most expensive thing off any restaurant's menu and then claim they are generally expensive - it doesn't make it true. The starters are between £3-4.50 and curries are mainly under £8 (unless you go for something with king prawns in). I'd say that's reasonable.

• 2 years later...

I had appalling food poisoning from a mixed fish starter (I still shudder thinking about it now!) in Aggrah just before xmas and will not be returning, which is a shame as before that incident we'd been several times and it was really good....

I'd have to say the best place around the town centre is Akosha at the bottom of eccy rd, good atmosphere, service and food. Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for.

Archived