Jehovahs Witness conference in Hellaby.

Did anyone go to this conference at Kingdom Hall at Helaby on sunday.

I was very impressed in the running of the conference and very impressed with the building to.

It is one of the largest buildings in the UK without any concrete supports with beautifull gardens to go with it.

I must have been the only person there who isn't a Jehovna Witness but the people I met and talked to and they were many are the most friendliest people I have ever met.

all in all good day was had by all.

I know of at least three families that have been ruined due to these religious fanatics. Kids not talking to one of their parents, husbands and wives splitting because one wouldn't follow the faith.

And we all complain about the nuisance telephone callers, yet these people turn up at your door and won't sod off for ages. Weekend mornings they used to turn up, and every excuse you make to get rid of them, they came back with an answer just to stand there spouting ****.

I know of at least three families that have been ruined due to these religious fanatics. Kids not talking to one of their parents, husbands and wives splitting because one wouldn't follow the faith.

And we all complain about the nuisance telephone callers, yet these people turn up at your door and won't sod off for ages. Weekend mornings they used to turn up, and every excuse you make to get rid of them, they came back with an answer just to stand there spouting ****.

Your all way of of date here.

They no longer knock on doors as it is illegal to do so.

Regarding family squabbles that is there own problem because it is the individuals business if want to be a Jovanah witness and nothing to do with the rest of the family and that also means the same in reverse.

family ignorance if you ask me.

Regarding Swordfish's comments......Wrong again, I have no iintention of converting and I was never once asked or pestered by anyone of the 1200 people there to do so.

I was there on a family members behalf who has chosen to be so.

I was once sceptical about the whole situation until I actually met these people and you see the real them.

forget the religeon, religeons are all the same in my view, and Jovanah witness's to me are just another religeon.

I'm talking about the people amongst them and as I said are amonst the friendliest people i have ever met.

Regarding family squabbles that is there own problem because it is the individuals business if want to be a Jovanah witness and nothing to do with the rest of the family and that also means the same in reverse.

family ignorance if you ask me.

It may be an individuals business, but in the 3 circumstances that I am extremely familiar with, the individual "witnesses" concerned tried to convert their family members. When they wouldn't convert, this brought animosity. I remember being at one of my friends houses as his mother screamed at him whilst ripping up his birthday cards!!

Fair enough, I only KNOW three familes of which one or more members is a "jovvy" but all three have been turned disfunctional and in two cases the mother/father have split up with the religion being the major factor in the minds of the nonmembers.

They have knocked on my door within the last 2 months. When did this "law" get passed as I'd like to give them this information when they next interrupt my day.

For punishment why not go back to the Biblical days.

Referencing that well known Theological text “The Complete works of God and Monty Python. Book 1, Monty Pythons the Life of Brian”

I’m sure the example we can take from this is that if anyone comes to your door and mentions the word “Jehovah” you are legally obliged to have them suffer a stoning.

Please don’t take this as Gospel.

They knocked on my parents' door last week.

However, I don't actually have a problem with them. One of my best friends was from a Jehovah's Witness family, and as with most religions, they were just ordinary normal people, why do people think they are any different?. As for the knocking on doors, I applaud anyone who puts up with the abuse they get and still carry on doing what they do. I have never had a Jehovah's Witness knock on the door that hasn't been polite and courteous and not gone away when equally politely asked to do so.