Recommended - Chez Lahlou Restaurant

sheffchick

I have been to Chez Lahlou 3 times and I think it is great. It is reasonably priced as well, for five of us it cost £92 and that included 3 bottles of wine. The swordfish is delicous. Be prepared to wait up to an hour for your meal because it cooked from scratch, but they bring you complimentry chicken wings and bread while you wait. We were in there 3 hours, it is a really good night out. It has been refurbished as well. Easily the best restaurant I have been to.

• 1 month later...

We went to Chez Lahlou on friday night, there was 8 of us from work. Firstly, yes the portion sizes are stupidly massive, too much food if you ask me. You receive platters of chicken wings and cheesey garlic bread as a complimentary starter, but I think this is too disguise the fact that it takes them too long to cook your main meal.

The place is very dated, and the decor slightly odd. It isn't very big and we felt rather crammed in, so not a good place to go if there are a few of you.

Although you receive ALOT of food for your money, I would say the food wasn't very tasty, I has a chicken dish which consisted of a creamy white wine sauce - but it was very bland!

The ladies toilets were horrendous! I don't think I will be going back to this restaurant.

Was a regular up until around five years ago. Had a dreadful experience all round which has ended in us not eating there since. The lady owner was pregnant at the time and we thought the emphasis had moved away from the food to other priorities which was a shame. Seems like they've not turned things round since?

We took another couple. Our table wasn't ready so we were advised to go across the road to the pub to wait..... an hour later our table still wasn't ready.

When we were eventually seated I had frogs legs for starters which hadn't been fully defrosted , Yuk!!

Things deteriorated from then onwards ..... the food was frankly appalling which didn't use to be the case.

• 6 months later...

I was taken to this restaurant last night for my birthday, wonderful night. Great food, It was my first visit and I was shocked at the size of the portions but the food was delicious, your right about waiting for the mains, we waited an hour but wel worth it, relaxed atmosphere and they looked after us. In an age of fast food it was nice to kick back and know that your not going to get a microwaved meal in 10 minutes and that your not being rushed about.

I will be going back !