Recommended - Chez Lahlou Restaurant

sheffchick

I am surprised at the poor reviews here, I found Chez Lahlous to be a wonderful restaurant!

The toilets were fine last time I went, although I obviously can't comment on behalf of others. The steak was wonderful, and the knife went through it like butter, and the portions were enormous. I am a big eater, and as such I don't really understand the not wanting the doggy bag, or wanting smaller portions.

the service was friendly and the value was excellent.

The only criticisms I have are the size (it is very cosy, cramped even), and the decor, which is odd, but still atmospheric.

• 1 month later...

We've just come back from Chez Lahlou and it was amazing. The best food that we've had in.....well almost ever. None of us could finish the food and ended up bringing a couple of doggy bags home. The chicken wings were also to die for. Anyway i would give Chez Lahlou 10/10 and can't wait to go back.

• 1 year later...

I went in April for the third time and it was ace. I dont see how people can complain about the food portion sizes, yes you get a large basket of bread and a large portion of chicken wings and crudites before starters but i think its ace and service is really good.

I've heard lots of good things about Chez Lahlou from work colleagues, and I'm in fact going there on Tuesday night for a meal with them. I am looking forward to being able to form my own opinion as the views are very mixed in this topic!

the toilets arent the best and i know thats something thats important to us ladies but to be fair you dont go to a restaurant because they have nice toilets, you go because the food, service and atmosphere is good, which they all are here.

the toilets arent the best and i know thats something thats important to us ladies but to be fair you dont go to a restaurant because they have nice toilets, you go because the food, service and atmosphere is good, which they all are here.

You can tell a restaurant by its toilets. If they are clean, the kitchen will be clean.:)