Recommended - Chez Lahlou Restaurant

sheffchick

After hearing about this place finally gave it a go last night,place ok,not a 5 star restaraunt,food was ok but thought the presentation was poor,likes been said the portions were way too much,service ok but 1st 2 things we ordered were out of season, price ok and wouldn't rush back.

We went a few weeks ago - it was ok though the portions are way too big!! We did take a doggy bag home which has never happened before and felt a bit weird though seemed such a shame to waste so much food!!

Service ok, decor poor, felt cramped in but food nice and prices reasonable.

Just make sure you dont eat all day before you go!!

• 7 months later...

I've just got back from Chez Lahlou. Well, firstly, I'm STUFFED. Really, really nice food though. Both my girlfriend and I would thoroughly recommend it. I had the lamb shin which was amazingly tender. You really do need to go there knowing that you won't be in and out within the space of an hour though. Total bill came to £44, that was 4 drinks and 2 mains. Very reasonable for the quality and quantity of food.

I will be going again when my stomach has recovered :)

I've just got back from Chez Lahlou. Well, firstly, I'm STUFFED. Really, really nice food though. Both my girlfriend and I would thoroughly recommend it. I had the lamb shin which was amazingly tender. You really do need to go there knowing that you won't be in and out within the space of an hour though. Total bill came to £44, that was 4 drinks and 2 mains. Very reasonable for the quality and quantity of food.

I will be going again when my stomach has recovered :)

Have they had a refurb recently? Whenever I've passed it always looked terribly cramped inside and I've never seen a menu in the window.

Have they had a refurb recently? Whenever I've passed it always looked terribly cramped inside and I've never seen a menu in the window.

I'm not sure to be honest, last night was my first time. I tried it off the back of a recommendation from a client. I'm really glad I went! Yeah it's a little cramped, but it's a small family run restaurant, and it didn't detract from the meal at all. I'd recommend it to anyone to give it a go. You'll have to book though I'd have thought, it was very busy last night!

I'm not sure to be honest, last night was my first time. I tried it off the back of a recommendation from a client. I'm really glad I went! Yeah it's a little cramped, but it's a small family run restaurant, and it didn't detract from the meal at all. I'd recommend it to anyone to give it a go. You'll have to book though I'd have thought, it was very busy last night!

Thanks.

Is there much veggie stuff or fish on the menu?

Thanks.

Is there much veggie stuff or fish on the menu?

Plenty of fish, not sure about veggie options to be honest... my eyes were too busy looking at what everyone else had ordered on the table next to us! If you ring them, they'll email you a menu. The lady is called Janine, she's the owners wife, and there were a few people popped in asking about parties and such like, she said she'd email them the menu.

Plenty of fish, not sure about veggie options to be honest... my eyes were too busy looking at what everyone else had ordered on the table next to us! If you ring them, they'll email you a menu. The lady is called Janine, she's the owners wife, and there were a few people popped in asking about parties and such like, she said she'd email them the menu.

That sounds great....I may be persuaded to treat the other half sometime :)