British steel tinsley park

willo

hiall,I am involved in a dispute with british steel, I say I worked in the spring works in the mid 70s, they say they never had a springworks.This will probably come as a great shock to any Ford motor company execs as we used to make car springs for the new fiesta [as it was then] & also made multi leaf springs for trucks etc.the spring shop was at the top of the site on shepcote lane called coloquioly the ponderosa.can any 1 help with any relevant info etc. mny thnx.

:) thnx 4 swift reply,apparantly brit steel no longer exists,ime an expat living in Scarborough.Ive got an ongoing damages claim against b.s.c--corus-whoever-lol & they reckon [despite inland revenue proof] that not only did i not work there but they never owned a springworks. Startin 2 feel a bit like big Arnie in the Total recall film.

Just had a look on the web and there is still a firm on Shepcote lane that make knives but guess what their address is:

Tyzack Machine Knives Ltd

Tinsley Park Spring Works

Shepcote Lane

Sheffield S9 2DZ

Could this be the old building you worked in perhaps?

thnx again foxm8,corus say -in their view the tinsley park spring works were owned by a different company & not british steel or corus.uuuuuuummmmmmm, very strange as when big breakdowns occured we were seconded to other departments or indeed transfered to other depts & my payslips all had brit steel logos on them[which sadly i avent saved for 30 years-lol]