What does your political compass say about you?

And Left-wingers tend to be supercilious and self-righteous morons who think they are morally superior - and always, always right :gag:

Economic Left/Right: 1.50

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.74

Ooh, that's a big word - do you know what it means? :hihi:

And by the way, us 'lefties' don't think we're morally superior - we KNOW we're morally superior :)

Have a nice day

StarSparkle

And Left-wingers tend to be supercilious and self-righteous morons who think they are morally superior - and always, always right :gag:

Economic Left/Right: 1.50

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.74

Hmm.

I'm a "naive leftie" and think that I am right in my beliefs, just like right-wingers think they get it right...and it's fair to say that lefties are indeed more preoccupied with morality than with profit.

Of course it's not black or white: if compagnies don't make profit then it can mean unemployment- although they also tend to take their business abroad so they can exploit cheaper workforce.

Oh dear, I need to get myself a "politics for dummies".

But I still think I will always be leftie:hihi:

A predictably un-challenging response my dear - because we both know there is no retort you could come back with to that one.

Some time ago Tony requested that you lay off the abuse.

In the last week you've shown yourself to be unable or unwilling to do this - several members have have had to tolerate your comments.

Please stop the abuse.

Thanks Joe, but I think it's just that Dung's got a **** (whoops, sorry, a chip) on his shoulder. If you had to live in a pile of poo, you'd probably have the ****s with the world too :hihi:

Thanks Joe, but I think it's just that Dung's got a **** (whoops, sorry, a chip) on his shoulder. If you had to live in a pile of poo, you'd probably have the ****s with the world too :hihi:

I'm afraid I don't live in poo, but the fact remains that you can put no argument forward to justify, or at least litigate, the hypocrisy between your left wing views and your privileged existence in Ranmoor. To me as a right-winger, the likes of Ranmoor, Wirlow, Fullwood et al are just nice places to live, or for other to aspire to live.

Try to convince somebody living on the Manor that you share their left wing ideals, and explain to them why, as so left a thinker, you choose to live in Ranmoor rather than with them.

I'm afraid I don't live in poo, but the fact remains that you can put no argument forward to justify, or at least litigate, the hypocrisy between your left wing views and your privileged existence in Ranmoor. To me as a right-winger, the likes of Ranmoor, Wirlow, Fullwood et al are just nice places to live, or for other to aspire to live.

Try to convince somebody living on the Manor that you share their left wing ideals, and explain to them why, as so left a thinker, you choose to live in Ranmoor rather than with them.

Too many assumptions, Dung dearest. As a matter of fact, I downshifted considerably to live in Ranmoor - everything is relative - but to follow your line of argument, I would need to do more than move to the Manor as I'd still have many material possessions, surely I'd have to go and find a cardboard box under the Arches? "Leftist" is way too simplistic a label and you assume that people from the Manor have left wing idealls.

I come from Moss Side originally so I don't need to move to the Manor to know what it's like to live in relative poverty. Just because someone subscribes to egalitarian ideals, it does not follow that they can't strive to improve their lot, nor are they unprincipled to live in a better neighbourhood. My idea of equality is not that we are all equally poor. However, the house I live in does not represent the person I am, nor how I behave and relate to my fellow human beings.