Turkish Restaurant

Nanimo

Does anyone know what happened to the new Turkish Restaurant on London Rd? I can't remember what it was called, but I believe it may have been "La Turka"... maybe..

I was anticipating their opening when I saw it being set up... it opened, and then a week or two later it seems to have closed down or something, at least they weren't open for business a couple of days in a row when I happened to walk past...

I think I read in the paper that unfortunately it had been attacked/vandalised - petrol thru letterbox & a fire started I think. It's a real shame as I saw it when it was first opened & it looked fab so it must be so disappointing for them. However, I believe it's now up & running again. Good luck to them - I'm taking a group along in July & looking forward to it.

Aww... what a shame... first time I've heard of anything like that happening to a restaurant round here...

Hopefully it's not some racially motivated attack or some vendetta or something... Though still worrying if it's some random vandals...

Incidentally, Tim Po Moor was broken into last week, they had the alcohol, stereo and telephone stolen... a bit of a shame too since it's about the 3rd time that they've been broken into for alcohol to be stolen....

Anyway, let us know what you thought of the Turkish restaurant... (Also interested to find out what Turkish food is like...)

Archived