Mansfield Brewery Pubs

It's a bit outside the city centre (mile and a half) but the Loco club at Pye Bank used to sell Mansfield in 1977. Damn good pint it was too. Only 19p a pint. Got out of my head on a coupla quid. Still, not as good as Wards though.

Well out of Town was The Fairways at Birley.. what a crap boozer! I met my Mrs there (which isn't why it's crap I hasten to add LOL). Remember when they brought out their range of beers called Riding? We used to like the Riding Best Bitter and Mild.. not as sweet as Mansfield regular bitter (in my opinion obviously).

I'm with you on the Wards' by the way, I've only had the bottled stuff so far (which is knockout - literally) as none of the boozers around us have it on tap yet.. I've heard mixed reactions to the new stuff.. anyone had any yet?

Its been closed down for a while, I don't know why.. other than it had become a bit of a hole to be honest. It used to be great in the 80s and early 90s but got a bit rough of late. I've been in there a couple of times when its kicked off for no reason.

Are they refurbishing it? its in a good spot really when alls said and done.

• 6 years later...

Archived