When did you start believing in your Religion?

Lestat

Do people believe the fundamental tenets of the Bible:

• Crucifixion and raising to life of God's Son as sacrifice for humankind's sin

• The Trinity

• That Christianity is the One True and Real Faith

...because they were told so when young by parents/ school/ Sunday school teachers?

How many only started to believe in these tenets when they reached the adult age of, say, 18?

I took on my Christian belief as an adult. It's just kind of crept up on me, but I'm afraid that I wasn't brainwashed or manipulated in to it as a child.

It works for me, I'm happy with it, and the bottom line of it is that it's made me a better person than I would have been otherwise.

When did I finally start describing msyelf in conversation as a Christian? Probably 5, 6 years ago. However I've held strong spiritual beliefs since my mid 20s - that's 20 years ago.

Do people believe the fundamental tenets of the Bible:

• Crucifixion and raising to life of God's Son as sacrifice for humankind's sin

• The Trinity

• That Christianity is the One True and Real Faith

...because they were told so when young by parents/ school/ Sunday school teachers?

How many only started to believe in these tenets when they reached the adult age of, say, 18?

I believe all three Lestat.

I followed no religion uptill becoming a Christian at 21, That is when I believed and embraced these tenets, same for my husband, although he was 18.

I was raised as a roman catholic but can't say I ever believed any of it. There's a school of thought which says that belief is genetic, some people have the 'belief' chromosome others don't.

15 years of exposure to religious education and upbringing didn't help me to believe so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who are not genetically pre-disposed to adhering to a belief system.

I've always believed in life and nature. If you can call those religions.

I do too, and I like to act in a humanist way.

While I have no time for organised religion of any creed, I can see how it is a staff for the weak.

I suppose I'm an agnostic as opposed to atheist.

I also have an affinity with the ideas of afterlife and reincarnation

but again, not totally convinced.

Archived