When did you start believing in your Religion?

Lestat

I don't believe, but I am fascinated by the mind sets of people who do believe. To me it's a sign of insecurity.

It's a sign of self delusion but the whole religious arguement is so well honed. The more doubt a person has, the morefaith they need, the more faith they have, the nearer god they become. Brilliant.

It's a sign of self delusion but the whole religious arguement is so well honed. The more doubt a person has, the morefaith they need, the more faith they have, the nearer god they become. Brilliant.

If that's what you want to believe then good for you. Most religious people don't care whether you believe or not. Most religious people can converse with you without trying to ram their faith down your throat. Unfortunately it seems that most atheists live only to ram their disbelief down the throats of everyone.

Hey ho!

If that's what you want to believe then good for you. Most religious people don't care whether you believe or not. Most religious people can converse with you without trying to ram their faith down your throat. Unfortunately it seems that most atheists live only to ram their disbelief down the throats of everyone.

Hey ho!

I believe in nothing. I have nothing to ram down your throat. Give me some evidence to support your faith/belief. You can't. If you could it would be called theory or fact.

Religion was 'pushed at me' in my formative years. Catholic priests were pushing body parts on children for many years. What makes your religion so special that it can't be criticised or mocked? Can't your god stand up for himself?

I believe in nothing. I have nothing to ram down your throat. Give me some evidence to support your faith/belief. You can't. If you could it would be called theory or fact.

Religion was 'pushed at me' in my formative years. Catholic priests were pushing body parts on children for many years. What makes your religion so special that it can't be criticised or mocked? Can't your god stand up for himself?

There you go again - forcing your disbelief down the throats of others. The fact that I want to believe what I believe does not cause you harm or hardship in any way, shape or form.

you can criticise or mock my faith as much as you want - not that you know anything about my faith other than I choose to believe in a god.

I do not need to give you evidence to support my faith because I do not particularly want or need you to believe what I believe. I am not trying to convert you, and proving a god exists would surely cause someone to convert.

My Goddess can stand up for herself - and perhaps you should aim your mockery at her rather than me ... oh! You can't can you because you don't believe in her.

I stopped believing at about 12, just by my own logical processes and unwillingness t suspend my disbelief. I wrote to the 'Star' when I was 15 to protest against the law requiring religious assembly to be held in schools every day and I got slated the following week for my troble.

I had a tenet in place by the time I was eighteen that has served me well in subsequent years, that all events are random and nothig is pre-ordained. I saw organised religion as a tool to control through the centuries and it is only in the last few years that I have come to see belief in religion as totally absurd but at the same time, trying to understand the human psyche that seems programmed to need it.

It seems hard for some to accept that there is nothing to hold responsible but ourselves, particularly people who have been indoctrinated from an early age. My parents were christians in the loosest possible sense.

As the Slade title on one of their 'B-sides' goes, "I'm me, I'm now and that's all".

Is that right Bloomdido?

There you go again - forcing your disbelief down the throats of others. The fact that I want to believe what I believe does not cause you harm or hardship in any way, shape or form.

you can criticise or mock my faith as much as you want - not that you know anything about my faith other than I choose to believe in a god.

I do not need to give you evidence to support my faith because I do not particularly want or need you to believe what I believe. I am not trying to convert you, and proving a god exists would surely cause someone to convert.

My Goddess can stand up for herself - and perhaps you should aim your mockery at her rather than me ... oh! You can't can you because you don't believe in her.

You know you are on shaky ground and you need to hang on to your belief. Please don't get angry with me for challenging it. Get angry with your god for having better things to do than release 'Bible 2' (the useful version) on DVD or appear to eveyone at the same time or move a mountain (Just one will do). There are sites all over the internet that will rip your faith to shreds. I have to make a stand. Sorry.

Think about it Bloomdido. Self delusion and a tenet in place that has served you well. Has it served you well, or is it you who has deluded themselves?

I dont know about your individual religions, but Ii do know that anyone who does not believe in god is a fool.

All you need to do is to look into the dark night sky, see all those billions of stars and galaxies, and you must believe in some greater entity.

All that you see came from nothing, in an instant, and has been expanding ever since, some thing had the power and ability to set it off.

I am not saying that this creator has any interest in us, how could it?

But something started in the first place.

Archived