When did you start believing in your Religion?

Lestat

I have one really simple objection to this argument.

You say that something must have started the universe?

I say why?

Bear in mind that any answer you give cannot also apply to 'god' because then god would also require something else to start it.

Asking questions means you don't know the answer.

Thinking on the question of religion,why is it that most human societies have developed religious beliefs of some sort?

Could it be that it is a way to keep the masses controlled or maybe for talkers and not doers to have an easy ride?

Thinking on the question of religion,why is it that most human societies have developed religious beliefs of some sort?

Could it be that it is a way to keep the masses controlled or maybe for talkers and not doers to have an easy ride?

Because whether you like it or not

"The word (of God) is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (Romans 10:8)

You can reject it, dismiss it, deny it, but the word of God is always there, in your heart and in your mind, and that is one of the proofs of God's omnipresence. God is forever on their mind, Dawkins is one example and flamingjimmy is another example and Jobee is another example.

God says, I will never leave you or forsake you and how true that is. They probably go to sleep thinking of him.

But the word (of God) is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it" (Deuteronomy 30:11-14).

Because whether you like it or not

"The word (of God) is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (Romans 10:8)

You can reject it, dismiss it, deny it, but the word of God is always there, in your heart and in your mind, and that is one of the proofs of God's omnipresence. God is forever on their mind, Dawkins is one example and flamingjimmy is another example and Jobee is another example.

God says, I will never leave you or forsake you and how true that is. They probably go to sleep thinking of him.

But the word (of God) is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it" (Deuteronomy 30:11-14).

:loopy:

Live your life by a made up story book if you wish! Just don't try and tell me that god will always be with me! Cos he/she won't! Because he/she/it, doesn't exist!

Take it from me Bloomsdido, I have been called deluded and much more besides, but I model my life a certain way and the only time I had problems was when I stepped outside those guidelines.

I'll say no more and leave you to get on with calling believers deluded. :)

This is the only thing religion is good for! Guiding lots people through life, people who can't cope with the idea that once they are dead, they are dead! You don't need to know the answers mate!

The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride." And we...kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok... But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.

Live your life by a made up story book if you wish! Just don't try and tell me that god will always be with me! Cos he/she won't! Because he/she/it, doesn't exist!

He won't be with you because basically and putting it crudely you have told him to get lost.

The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride." And we...kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok... But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.

It is a nice thought from a naive person. :)

I have one really simple objection to this argument.

You say that something must have started the universe?

I say why?

Bear in mind that any answer you give cannot also apply to 'god' because then god would also require something else to start it.

The Universe, that is all the Galaxies, and stars and planets within them, of which there trillions, came from nothing.

There was no space, no time, nothing at all.

It was created in an instant, from nothing.

We know this as fact.

It is expanding at as great a rate as ever it was at the moment of creation, on an ever expanding front, cooling as it goes.

It is not expanding into a vacuum, but creating space and time as the front moves outwards.

If you can explain that, and the mechanism thereof, then you must be God incarnate.

Archived