When did you start believing in your Religion?

Lestat

And if you mean by this that I've never been to church or given religion a try, you would be wrong. I used to go to church every Sunday from as early as I can remember up to being about 15/16 years old. The only thing I got out of it was the fear that I wouldn't go to heaven if I didn't believe in god..... Oh & a free sip of red wine!

We use Ribena.

You wouldn't know what constructive is. That is the whole point of atheism, negative, negative, negative. One big pit that gets deeper every day.

How can my views on religion be negative?? I used to go to curch all the time. It wasn't until I realised that I didn't need to believe in God that I truly fealt free! I would call that positive!:D

How can my views on religion be negative?? I used to go to curch all the time. It wasn't until I realised that I didn't need to believe in God that I truly fealt free! I would call that positive!:D

They were positive the Titanic was unsinkable.

.............Just what is that supposed to mean? You can't answer a question without trying to be cryptic can you?? :loopy:

Then read your post again.

Talking about proof, they had the drawings and had done the calculations and according to their reckoning they could prove the Titanic was unsinkable. In other words the 'proof' was wrong, and then you atheists ask for proof of God and I think you are all nuts.

My gut feeling would have been that anything that floats will eventually sink and my gut feeling would have been right. My gut feeling is that God exists and I will go with that and if you want to go with your gut feelings then that is alright with me and neither will I harass you like you people harass me. In the meantime I will follow the teaching of Jesus because as they say, "each to their own."

Now how about you go away and leave people in peace and if one or two of us want to discuss religion, then why don't you keep way out of it. Thank you very much.

Then read your post again.

Talking about proof, they had the drawings and had done the calculations and according to their reckoning they could prove the Titanic was unsinkable. In other words the 'proof' was wrong, and then you atheists ask for proof of God and I think you are all nuts.

My gut feeling would have been that anything that floats will eventually sink and my gut feeling would have been right. My gut feeling is that God exists and I will go with that and if you want to go with your gut feelings then that is alright with me and neither will I harass you like you people harass me. In the meantime I will follow the teaching of Jesus because as they say, "each to their own."

Now how about you go away and leave people in peace and if one or two of us want to discuss religion, then why don't you keep way out of it. Thank you very much.

Your gut feeling would have been "anything that floats will eventually sink"?

What about all the countless ships that have never sunk! What about a bloon full of air? That will never sink! I think it's pretty obvious from your examples that your gut feeling is wrong! :hihi::loopy:

Go talk to your imaginary friend!

It's late but here goes;

1. The relevance is that history is littered with abandoned gods, many of whom had people sacrificed to them and rivers of blood flowed. History suggests that the living gods will also take their place in the graveyard of the gods.

2. People who believe in invisible magic friends get to have special schools to indoctrinate children, become elected to the house of lords and tell me where I should put my penis. They don't have to prove anything to get all this special treatment and they want concessions for people who have the same imaginary friend! If this were not the case, I would find it easier to just let them get on with their fantasies.

3. I already explained, I searched like a good forummer before starting a thread and read the title of this one wrong! I will start a new one tomorrow.

1, This answer seems to show that you believe gods have lived and can die i'd be interested to hear how you proved their existence, then you could tell the other doubters.

2, Not sure what this answer is all about maybe you can clear it up so that it sounds less like gibberish, i feel i missed the first bit of this conversation.

3, Good for you a thread for you and all the others on this one who really have no business here is a good idea.

Oh and what is it about my original post that ha you so confused.

What is it about you atheists interfering in other peoples lives.

Hmm imo this is backwards, many a times i have had a knock at the door with a jesus this that and the other tale but never have i had a knock at the door with a there is no jesus speech

Archived