When did you start believing in your Religion?

Lestat

So you do consider yourself a fanatic?

Which begs the question why were you using it as an insult?

You know full well how the term fanatic was used by the original poster, and if you think it was intended as a form of praise then good for you. Linking fanatics with bigots tells me that the poster did not intend the term fanatic to be viewed in a favourable light.

My comment about atheists was intended only in relation to this.

But you are intelligent and you know all that - so you have either decided you are bored and have nothing better to do than pick at posts without taking them into context, or you are trolling.

Either way - we are back to the same old merry go round which occurs every time a religious thread is started and non-religious people post to it.

The topic is - when did you start believing in your religion.

My answer - when I was very young.

Indeed, do you feel the need to say that after every post on this forum which contains a viewpoint that you do not share?

If not why am I a special case?

You are not a special case at all.

Put plainly I have my views you have yours, just get on with life and accept we differ in what we beieive or do not beleive.

Nope. Could but you probably would not get it.

That seems a little bit like a cop out. Please I've been perfectly civil with you, pretty please with sugar on top?

Which medical advances would those be - specifically - that have saved thousands of lives and are as a direct result of our understanding of evolution?
An understanding of vaccine resistance for one thing.

That seems a little bit like a cop out. Please I've been perfectly civil with you, pretty please with sugar on top?

An understanding of vaccine resistance for one thing.

Are you quite certain that came about due to our understanding of evolution?

You know full well how the term fanatic was used by the original poster, and if you think it was intended as a form of praise then good for you. Linking fanatics with bigots tells me that the poster did not intend the term fanatic to be viewed in a favourable light.

My comment about atheists was intended only in relation to this.

Actually no I didn't, I had not seen his post where he said 'cue fanaticism and bigotry', I have just found that as a a result of a search after reading this post.

I apologise unreservedly for this line of questioning, I see now that your comments were just holding up a mirror for the other guy.

You are not a special case at all.

Oh but I am. Surely people make posts on this forum all the time which contain viewpoints that you disagree with.

You don't respond to all of them by coming on and making a post that says

"You are entitled to your viewpoint but that is only your view and not mine."

Only me, I was wondering what it is about me or the view that I expressed which made it a special case?

Oh but I am. Surely people make posts on this forum all the time which contain viewpoints that you disagree with.

You don't respond to all of them by coming on and making a post that says

"You are entitled to your viewpoint but that is only your view and not mine."

Only me, I was wondering what it is about me or the view that I expressed which made it a special case?

Have you checked ALL Harvey19's posts? Or is this an assumption based on faith that he only uses the statement on you? :hihi:

Hmmmmm! If you cannot be certain, but only pretty confident - then are you not taking something on faith?

No because I don't positively believe it, I just think it is likely, and the reason I think it is likely is because of the logical argument that can be made for it, certainly not faith.

Please, you have contended that

"Whichever way you look at it you have to have faith those calculations are correct."

and

"You have to have faith in the understanding of those who make the rules."

What are 'those calculations' and whose 'understanding' do I have to have faith in?

Archived