Antibo's (West One)

Sorry to bring a seriously old thread but thought it was better than starting a new one.

Went here not long ago and it was awful in very many ways. We were kept sat by the door for 45 minutes with a drink and a menu before being served, we were asked to hang up our own coats and then had a pretty average meal including a minute starter, a pretty good pizza and over-priced distinctly average wine served up by the most surly staff I have ever encountered. This was on a Wednesday evening and we've not been back since. It was almost entirely empty and the place just struck me as bizarre. I won'dered at the time how it made money and I'm wondering even more after we had a leaflet stuffed though our door this week offering buy one get one free or a free bottle of wine up to £15, etc.

Suggest business must be slow, how have other people found it?

Sorry to bring a seriously old thread but thought it was better than starting a new one.

Went here not long ago and it was awful in very many ways. We were kept sat by the door for 45 minutes with a drink and a menu before being served, we were asked to hang up our own coats and then had a pretty average meal including a minute starter, a pretty good pizza and over-priced distinctly average wine served up by the most surly staff I have ever encountered. This was on a Wednesday evening and we've not been back since. It was almost entirely empty and the place just struck me as bizarre. I won'dered at the time how it made money and I'm wondering even more after we had a leaflet stuffed though our door this week offering buy one get one free or a free bottle of wine up to £15, etc.

Suggest business must be slow, how have other people found it?

I've been a few times and love Antibo's, not been for about a year though. I absolutely loved the place, really beautiful, delicious food, great service, good wine. It was the first restaurant I'd been to in Sheffield and (although I've been to loads of great ones since) Antibo's really stand out. I thought the staff were really professional and haven't really had service as good that in any other restaurant in Sheffield.

Thought Iguanas was terrible.

Archived