Does anybody remember Frank Barratt

asterix

Does anybody remember a bloke called Frank Barratt who used to go round the Wicker in the sixties with a big suitcase full of bric a brac. He used to sell all sorts of stuff including razor blades etc in the pubs. He was an ex-boxer I believe. Does anybody know what year he died?

I think you may mean Frankie Baron. He was from Hillsboro' and toted his suitcase far and wide. I bought a house off his daughter on Carlton Rd. His grandson is a serving police officer. In his heyday Frankie was rather a handful and you would have to be in your 60's to really know of his escapades.

I've mentioned Frankie Baron on another thread somewhere, he was all over the place with his suitcase & a good laugh too, He used to go to a pub down the Cliffe which was full of Irishmen & yell out, any Irishmen in here.

I was once in a pub where there were a lot of Jamaicans, he asked directions to England, it was always good to get little toys for the kids & a little present for the wife from him as it got me out of trouble when I got home, Ha Ha.

Is he still around ?

Archived