Does anybody rememember Hyde Park Dog Track?

Clare Hacket

Can anybody remember Hyde Park Dog Track, and also the regular people that went there, for instance people who went to spectate or people that had dog's running there, for instance David Naughton, his brother Shaun, Mark Booth and the book maker called Roy Lindop, and Paddy Naughton who used to go there.

I used to go with my Dad and take our dog onto the track. We also used to go to Darnell and Wombwell I think?

Yes, Darnall was a licensed track, Hyde Park was a 'flapping' track. Owlerton, licensed, is the only one remaining. Clarks was the bookies at Hunter's bar - up the stairs to the right!

A flapping track maybe,but can your remember when they held an open race there and the prize money was a £1000 in the mid 70s.

i can remember the dog track my father was on the door of the club upstairs ted savage

dont think he got paid just a few free drinks and regulars would also bye him one dont remember him sober i used to watch the dogs run from our front room window on daker row

I remember your father Ted he used to let me in the club when I was barred by Dan Slack(before I came a bookmaker)good bloke.