Does anybody rememember Hyde Park Dog Track?

Clare Hacket

Can anybody remember Hyde Park Dog Track, and also the regular people that went there, for instance people who went to spectate or people that had dog's running there, for instance David Naughton, his brother Shaun, Mark Booth and the book maker called Roy Lindop, and Paddy Naughton who used to go there.

i remember my cousin ian cook having some involvment there and what a good view i used to get.my cousin lived on rowland row and his flat overlooked the dog track,you couldn,t wish for better viewing it was great!good times

• 1 year later...

I remember Alan May at Hyde Park , Alan used to live not far from me in those days at Woodhouse.

We used to see him at most of the flapping tracks , Hyde Park, Chesterfield, Wombwell, Doncaster & Highgate to name a few !

Those were great days !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I remember once in the 70s somebody stuck a pretty well known dog from Owlerton called Lakewood Drive in a race under another name.It won by a mile but unfortunately the cops had got wind of it & stood by the bookies waiting to collar anybody who had backed it.Unsurprisingly,nobody dare go & collect their winnings.It was quite funny really.

I lived at 66 derwent row in 81 and 82 and our balcony overlooked the dog track - it was wonderfully decrepit - decaying corrugated asbestos (i think), ancient bulb lamps hanging from wires, filthy concrete terraces - went there a few times and loved it. knocked down early 80s probably - a lovely old health hazard