Cipolla in Broomhill

Burnt Stones

After a couple of aborted attempts we finally made it up there last night and I was quite impressed. Nice decor, friendly staff, and most importantly... great food that was a cut above the traditional trattoria!

Another one for the list of smart restaurants!

Agree that it would be great if we had more variety in Broomhill, especially as Bah Naan is likely to close down soon.

WHAT??!!! No!!! I'll die without my weekly Bahn Nah takeaway! I see that your post is dated a year ago so I'm just going to assume you're wrong. The lovely man in there has never ever mentioned it to me anyway!

As regards Cipolla, yes, I'm a fan, lovely food and nice atmosphere, a little pricey but you get what you pay for! The tiramisu is mind blowing...

WHAT??!!! No!!! I'll die without my weekly Bahn Nah takeaway! I see that your post is dated a year ago so I'm just going to assume you're wrong. The lovely man in there has never ever mentioned it to me anyway!

I wrote the message a year ago when Bahn Nah had been told they would have to leave (I think it was April originally). I think there was then problems with the planning so at the mopment they don't have a date to leave but if the redevelopment of the site does happen, they will go and they won't come back into the new development as it will be much more expensive. I haven't been to Bahn Nah recently so I don't know what the current position is.

• 2 weeks later...
I wrote the message a year ago when Bahn Nah had been told they would have to leave (I think it was April originally). I think there was then problems with the planning so at the mopment they don't have a date to leave but if the redevelopment of the site does happen, they will go and they won't come back into the new development as it will be much more expensive. I haven't been to Bahn Nah recently so I don't know what the current position is.

Oh no :-( I'll have to check next time I'm in, I do hope not!

Archived