Children learning martial arts

okka north

I would have to agree with Cyclone whichever one they enjoy most is best.

I started with Karate but moved onto Kung Fu.

Whatever club its good if that club not only teaches the Kid how to punch and kick but also about the consciences of there actions, anti bullying and so on.

It’s surprising how many clubs out there clame to teach all these things along with (courtesy, honesty, respect, loyalty and so on) but when it comes down to it all they teach is how to kick and punch.

I would have to agree with Cyclone whichever one they enjoy most is best.

I started with Karate but moved onto Kung Fu.

Whatever club its good if that club not only teaches the Kid how to punch and kick but also about the consciences of there actions, anti bullying and so on.

It’s surprising how many clubs out there clame to teach all these things along with (courtesy, honesty, respect, loyalty and so on) but when it comes down to it all they teach is how to kick and punch.

sorry if I sound a bit soft, but I really believe that martial arts is more about learning everything that supports the physical part of the art. Hope that makes sense. Just think without the disclipline etc, the physical side means very little. My main concern is choosing somewhere that is no good.

It is also a very expensive hobby trying out different discliplines. My first thought was Ju Jit Su as even though I tore my knee ligament at 19 doing it, I thought it was the best thing ever. My son has incredible upper body strength, actually everything seems to be muscles and I would like him be able to learn to use that strength in a postive way. He is a calm boy and does not exert violence on people, but it's good to use your physical strength on something postive.

thanks for the feedback.

very expensive???? How so?

Most clubs (that I've been too/know about) allow you to try at least one session for free and to watch as many as you like.

My style also allows the first fortnight without purchasing your own insurance (beginers are covered on my instructors insurance). Basically, it costs £10 to give it a try for a fortnight.

Archived