Nirmals Indian Restaurant

Saxon

Went to Nirmals on Glossop Road last night for an indian. Absolutely first class. 'Mrs Nirmal' (sorry but don't know her name) comes and talks to you, and then goes away and cooks everything for you. If you don't want the same old thing, tell her the type of thing you like (ie, creamy, hot, etc) and she'll make you something unique.

I can thoroughly recommend it and will be going back.

If you mean the Bombay on Westfield (?) Terrace, off West St, then it's just closed for refurbishment.

I was going to go a couple of weeks ago and rang them.

In the meantime I was told that they were running the business from Khan's on West St.

Not sure when the Bombay is due to re-open.

Originally posted by TrashyBook

If you mean the Bombay on Westfield (?) Terrace, off West St, then it's just closed for refurbishment.

I was going to go a couple of weeks ago and rang them.

In the meantime I was told that they were running the business from Khan's on West St.

Not sure when the Bombay is due to re-open.

Glad to hear that,been shut for a while now tho.

Originally posted by 1Man&hisBMW

if those restaurants are the standard by which all sheffielders measure indian cuisine god help us!

:D

i wasn't *that* impressed by Nirmals, i have to say - it was ok, but not outstanding. however that was a few years ago so it might be better.

coming from leicester though, i do have pretty high standards ;)

anyone been to the kashmir curry centre on spital hill? i think it's great - looks exactly like your old school dining room, but the food is great, you just pick the type of dish you want and the meat and veg you want in it off the menu. cheap and byob... is there anywhere better in sheffield?

Originally posted by 1Man&hisBMW

if those restaurants are the standard by which all sheffielders measure indian cuisine god help us!

have you tried the international in bradford(near train station) top ruby

Hi,

Ive been to Nirmals in the past. It was alright but pricey. They have a knack of trying to 'sell up' the menu. I.E. they try to make you go for something more expensive. There is (or was) a service charge, 10%, on top of what you bought.

I like the Mangla on Spital Hill. The Kasmir on Spital hill was one I used to go to a lot. Not been for a long time so a visit is due.

I agree about Leicester. I used to be a student there in the 80s & the place is full of decent curry houses.

Nice!

Dean of Disco

Archived