First Topshop was in Sheffield?

Guest_225

Top Shop was part of the Peter Robinson retail group. The store was next door to Burtons - sorry can't remember the name of the street but would be opposite the old hole in the road or diagonally opposite the old Cockaynes. Noticed none of those stores were there anymore when I visited in July.

Top Shop was part of the Peter Robinson retail group. The store was next door to Burtons - sorry can't remember the name of the street but would be opposite the old hole in the road or diagonally opposite the old Cockaynes. Noticed none of those stores were there anymore when I visited in July.

Peter Robinson was also part of the Burton group. I used to work for them - that's how I know.

When Peter Robinson opened in Sheffield, it was next door to C and A at the corner of King and Angel Street. It was built on the site of Burton Tailoring branch 395, which was absolutely gutted during the Sheffield Blitz. Years later it was knocked through to extend C and A Modes. Now the entire building is Primark, a cheap and cheerful clothes shop.

• 1 year later...

Archived