Sport Bar (Sheffield)

Leg-end

..in your opinion..

Thats abit harsh anyway, i think champs is a nice place, i know people U18 (me) and Over 18 who think it is too. Champs beats some of the other resturants on Eccy road, just becasue its a bar doesnt make it have any less quality.

I did say that it was in my opinion :)

The trouble is that I'm old enough to remember when Champs opened and when it was genuinely new idea in Sheffield and it was much better than it is today. But, after 10 years when the place hasn't changed a jot, and the same pictures and memorabilia of people like Daley Thompson, Nick Faldo, Nigel Mansell and Nas Hamed who haven't been sportsmen for years gets moved around the same walls over the top of scruffy paintwork then yea I think it's had its day as a good bar.

There's plenty of choice in Sheffield now and Champs just doesn't cut it any more. The new one might do something new, but be honest, what could it do possibly do differently as a sports bar other than get some more up to date stuff to nail to the wall? :confused:

All in my opinion of course. ;)

Walkabout is about as close as you'll get in the city centre.

Quite why anyone thinks we desperately need one is beyond me - they're usually crammed full of idiots in orange Ralph Lauren shirts or Rugby toffs in England shirts.

Which is a great arguement for having one. Stick all the Rugby toffs and idiots in "sports casual" in the same place and leave the nice pubs and bars for the rest of us to enjoy.

Doesn't NAS own Champs? good enough reason for me not to drink there!

No he doesn't. For a starter he is meant to be a strict Muslim, which wouldn't allow him to own an alcohol outlet. And secondly, he doesn't, it's owned by 2 blokes who set it up from scratch.

Champs beats some of the other resturants on Eccy road, just becasue its a bar doesnt make it have any less quality.

That dosn't say much for the other resturants on Eccy Road, unless thay also do microwaved meals from the 1980's.

• 5 years later...

Rileys Hunters Bar on Sharrow Vale Road, is having a refurb over the course of the next few weeks, We have English Pool tables, American Tables, Snooker tables, Darts Boards, Table Football, Plasma's, a 3 Meter HD screen which shows all Live sport including 3 o clock KO's. You cant get much more sporty than that!!! Pop in and have a look, Quote the sheffield forum and we will even throw in FREE membership!!

Archived