All bar one - What is it like?

crowefan

Originally posted by kirky

where is it? as our place is bar 101 people get mixed up and think they are the same place..when i get asked where it is i don't know what to tell them

Its on Leopold St, next to the Hogshead. Can't say i'm a big fan of it personally.

Was in there last week for the reopening on Thursday night and again on Friday for a friend's birthday.

I have to say that as an infrequent visitor I was hard pushed to notice much change from how it was before. They've painted the walls brown where they used to be green, put in some new (and really ugly looking) lights, and a couple of big wooden 'things' that divide the room up and make it feel less spacious than it was before.

Oh, they've also put in some sheet polished brass on some tables and the entire length of bar. Bet the cleaners are well chuffed about that!

In conclusion: if you liked it before you still will, if you didn't you still won't ;)

Archived