Is torture ever justified?

Is torture justified?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Is torture justified?

• Often
    • Sometimes
    • Rarely
    • Never

ALL of the above is my own opinion , everyone is of course entitled to theirs. i speak as a person who nearly lost my family and my life alot of years ago due to a inhuman spineless maggot.

I'm sorry to hear about that Litha; but can you not see that if we inflict appalling terror and pain on someone who cannot fight back or escape that it is us who become the spineless maggots?

The person who did the bad things to you and yours may well have had in their own mind (however sick and wrong) a belief that they were entitled to behave that way - if we torture in revenge, we may have our own justification, but it's the act of torture, of inflicting suffering that's wrong, whatever the justification we try to put upon it.

What did you mean? Could you torture your own children, yes or no.

. NO! and you know that is not what i ment at all. I ment if it was my children that had been harmed by a peopdophile, i would hope i have the guts to be able to harm the peodophile. but in reality i very much doubt i could.

if you bother to rip my posts apart and try and mis-quote me anymore im not even going to give you the decency of a reply

Archived