Can anyone rate that greek restaraunt on london road?

Dave650

I didn't realise it was replacing martinis! Makes sense now I think of it. I'm pretty sure its under different management now as the old owner of Martini's was italian and I doubt he'd suddenly switch to greek cuisine lol. And anyway I'm pretty sure I vaguely remember his daughter mentioning to me that he moved back to italy. Yeah hopefully we'll have chance to try this place out sometime too.

• 2 weeks later...

We went last night and were very impressed.

The decor is essentially unchanged from when it was Martini's. The atmosphere was pretty much spot on, nice balance between intimate and lively. The service was very good.

Mrs Chumley had meze dips, chicken souvlaki and greek yoguhrt with honey. I had the same starter then makaronia me kime (Greek spag bol) with kataifi for dessert. For drinks we had a bottle of red Macedonicos, water and a coffee each. The bill came to £48.

No idea who owns it, but the staff are definitely Greek, including the chef.

We will certainly be going again :)

We went last night and were very impressed.

The decor is essentially unchanged from when it was Martini's. The atmosphere was pretty much spot on, nice balance between intimate and lively. The service was very good.

Mrs Chumley had meze dips, chicken souvlaki and greek yoguhrt with honey. I had the same starter then makaronia me kime (Greek spag bol) with kataifi for dessert. For drinks we had a bottle of red Macedonicos, water and a coffee each. The bill came to £48.

No idea who owns it, but the staff are definitely Greek, including the chef.

We will certainly be going again :)

Sounds great - thanks for that.

Archived