Extreme Martial Arts Training Methods

chefkicker

I was chatting to this guy who does a bit of martial arts and he was telling me all about this style that translated into english means something like ,

"way of the one who is very harsh" or "way of the harshness" .

This is an example of anybody who has such kind of harsh training in martial arts?

http://www.break.com/index/kunfuteach.html

The Video clip is of Master Satoru Sayama, "Super Tiger Gym" Japan,who used to be a Japanse pro wrestler called Tiger Mask, who founded "SHOOTO" or as its known Shooto wrestling/fighting/, he founed this in the early 80's.

The art first came to the USA by a student of his Yorinaga Nakamura goingto train in JKD with Guro Dan Inosanto and Sifu Richard Bustillo,Yori is an awasome JKD man,he now teaches at the Inosanto Academy in L.A. where he teaches JunFan and Shooto

I had been told that the characters for "shu" and "to" SHOOTO for the spelling Means LEARN COMBAT, but i'm not sure about this.

Satoru's idea was to create a "totally combative sport martial art" its a mix of Modified Thai and grappling methods like English Catch-as-Catch-Can Wrestling,Russian Sambo, and Judo, He Studied under Karl Gotch for the Catch Wrestling

Bit harsh but each to their own as they say, and by the looks of it hes got plenty of people to smack with the stick :hihi::loopy:

Archived